Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Verve Project Parade-It' A Girl Thing


Good morning everyone, it is Wednesday and we are half through the work week. I am thrilled to bring you my project for the last day of the Verve Project Parade , you can see all of my project here. The theme for the Verve project is "It's A Girl Thing", be sure to check out all the divas fabulous creations.
I have chose my Mother to honor, she has taught me so much and for that I am grateful. She started encouraging me as a young girl to write notes of care and thank you notes. I was collecting the pretty boxes full of stationary made by the gold crown company when I was very young. I would send notes to my friends, always send thank you notes after birthdays and holidays, and greetings cards to relatives as I got older.

I have always been attracted to boxes, tins and keepsake holders; which brings me to my keepsake box full of handmade cards. These boxes are totally awesome, I got them from Taylored Expessions. I used my Verve set Because of You and several of the Plain Jane sets to embellish the box and create my cards. I used this beautiful dp from My Minds Eye called French Flea Market, a checkered brown ribbon and the gorgeous chocolate pearls from Kaiser. I hope you like my girly keepsake box, it was fun to create and reminisce about the past things Mom has taught me.
You still have one more day to play along with us. Just make a project or card that fits your style and celebrates a woman in your life. It can be any woman ... mom, grandmother, daughter, sister, aunt, friend, teacher - you get the idea! Just add your project link to the Mr. Linky form here before 8PM Mountain on Thursday, May 14th. Two random participants will be chosen and win $25 gift certificates to the Verve Store. Have fun and good luck! Enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by!
.
.
.
Paper: SU baja breeze, bazzil, and My Minds Eye French Flea Market
Ink: Momento Chocolate and copics BG11 and BG72
Accessories: Janome sewing machine, circle and scalloped nesties, Kaiser chcoalte pearls, brown checkered ribbon, tacky tape, sponging, SU oval and scalloped oval punches, scissors, and glue dots

14 comments:

  1. Teresa, I am in awe of your projects for today. The box and cards are gorgeous! I have to get that paper. You are amazing! I also love the music you have on your blog. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project! Love you box and the cards you made...the colors are gorgeous and such a fabulous gift combo! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is some serious stuff. Absolutely beautiful. WOW!! The colors, the design oh my!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards and box hun!!!

    Have a nice day!!

    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely set of cards and gift box!

    ReplyDelete
  6. just wish we lived closer so you could teach me how to make these!! wow! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful projects Teresa! The box is a great way to present your gift...Something to treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful projects Teresa! The box is a great way to present your gift...Something to treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! These look AMAZING! You are so clever and talented...your projects look awesome. I have an award on my blog for you.
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just stunning Teresa! A gorgeous set!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're work is amazing, and the best part is looking at your work while listening to the best playlist around:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Teresa, this is a most gorgeous set...it's perfect! I love the various layouts and embellishments. What a fabulous gift to your mom!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean so much to me. Have a wonderful day! Teresa

sparkle & shine *~*