Saturday, October 17, 2009

Groovy Tree



I created this card for the totally fun Cupcake Inspiration Challenge, CIC28 and for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge, WSC102. I used this groovy tree from Verve Stamps, it is called Whimsy Tree, the colors I used are Prism Bianco, Burned, SU Melon Mambo and SU Razzleberry Lemonade dp. I did a little stitching and distressing on the back panel. The main panel I cut out with circle nesties and sponged with Momento Rich Cocoa ink. I added Papertrey Ink Razzberry Fizz ribbon, wow is this stuff ever fabulous. It makes the best bows, yes I tie my bows by hand. I get the sweetest comments about my bows, I will let you in on a secret, it is all about the quality of the ribbon. I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for". I added a button and twine to finish my adored cupcake challenge. If you haven't played along, check it out here and give it a try...you will think the cupcakes are yummy, I know! Enjoy your Saturday evening
.
.
.
Paper: Prism Bianco, Burned, SU Melon Mambo, and SU Razzleberry Lemonade
Ink: Momento Rich Cocoa, and Copics
Accessories: Janome, Circle Nesties, Scalloped Circle Nesties, Papertrey Ribbon, Button, Twine, Distressing Tool, Sponging, and Glue Dots

15 comments:

  1. This card is beautiful. I am so loving this image. Your distressing and stitching are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty. Love the colors. They match the inspiration cupcakes beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Teresa, Thanks for visiting my blog. I really appreciate it. I was in a bit of a depression because my 1 year, 2 month old computer died on me back in July (without the extra insurance, of course)and I was just starting to participate in some challenges after gawking at all the talent on SCS for about a year! So if you find the time, I do plan on putting more cards on my site. I hope you will come back for another visit. I know there are plenty other places you can go, though. I went through several pages of your blog, and you have so many lovely cards I just thought I would leave you one comment here. I do love the Christmas one on this page, but seriously, I could probably go back to the beginning of your blog. I wonder if you would mind telling me how much time you usually spend making just one card. Thanks for sharing your creations. I need to go get busy. :)
    Rae
    http://aoneofakinddesignbyrachel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teresa,

    Great card and I love all the detail you put into it. Love the stamp too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! Love the colour combination x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, all those details, you rocking with this one girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous card! I love the colors and the distressing and the stitching. The ribbon is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a GROOVY card Teresa! I *love* it, especially that sentiment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Your creations inspire me!!! I am learning my lesson about "you get what you pay for" too...but I'm also drawn to cheap prices too! Yikes!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl! This rocks! I love how you colored the tree and that ribbon jumps off the card! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful, Teresa! I love the non-traditional tree colors and wholeheartedly agree with you about the quality of ribbon! Your bows definitely rock!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, Teresa. Love the colors, stamps and stitching.
    Thanks so much for playing!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute, I love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutly gorgeous honney. well done.

    Hugs
    Adele

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean so much to me. Have a wonderful day! Teresa

sparkle & shine *~*