Sunday, June 20, 2010

Wishing You



















 Good morning, I have a gorgeous cupcake to share and get your mojo flowing....this cupcake is covered with teals and browns.  What a fabulous color combo, I really like SU Taken with Teal and it's not in the new cattie...I will have to see if Mikey's has a color in Bazzil to compare.  On with today's card,  This is this weeks Cupcake Inspiration, CIC64....I used a really deep chocolate Bazzil paper and the teal houndstooth SU Sweet Pea designer paper.  The sentiment is Verve Wishing You (Verve is having a release this Friday, JUNE 25..I will be peaking sets later in the week) and the big ole flower is from the Ippity set Now and Always.  I layered the flower and added a little stickles and a dark brown button.  Speaking of buttons, I had bought a bag of buttons at Hobby Lobby(in PA, we don't have one near me) a year ago; anyway I thought the buttons where a mix of soft green, blue, and plums.  I discovered last night that they are a deep chocolate(I had been looking for deep chocolate) I felt like I had hit the jackpot...lol.  I was under my trusty Ott light and seen that they are truly chocolate.....what a wonderful surprise!  Back to the card, I added a piece of ric rac, it is paper but it sorta looks like ribbon.  The die is from PTI, I also added a row of stitching.  I hope you have a wonderful day and I surely hope you will play along with us, you can see the all the other sweeties creations at the Cupcake Inspiration Blog.  I used the Clean & Simple sketch, FTL95...luv the sketches over there, check them out!  Enjoy! 
.
.
.
Stamps:  Wishing You(Verve) and Now and Always(Ippity)
Paper:  Bazzil and Taken With Teal, White, and Sweet Pea Designer Paper(SU) 
Ink:  Taken With Teal(SU) and Rich Cocoa(Momento)
Accessories:  Janome, Linen Thread, PTI Ribbon, PTI Ric Rac Die, Buttons, Stickles, and 3D Foam Squares

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous, Teresa. Love the colour combo and how you did the sentiment in two colours. Great flower - I NEED those PTI dies LOL! Rickrack adds a cute touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card, love the colours. it really is very elegant!

    Jenny T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! I love what you did with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean so much to me. Have a wonderful day! Teresa

sparkle & shine *~*